Saturday, September 1, 2007

Dance from the Heart - week 9


MONDAY 11-12-07
What a fun day we had today!

1) We added a second verse to our ballet basics warm up song. here is the whole song - (with details in red) :
This is sung to the tune of Shalom, my Good Friends


Plie, my good friends (portabras a la second)
Tendue, my good friends (one tendue right foot)
Releve, up high! (portabra en lair)

Plie, my good friends (portabras a la second)
Tendue, my good friends (one tendue left foot)
Bourre, 1 time! (portabra en lair)

(2nd verse)
Plie, my good friends (portabras a la second)
Tendue, my good friends (tendue front right then left)
Releve, up high! (portabra en lair)
Plie, my good friends (portabras a la second)

Tendue, my good friends (tendue side right then left)Pivot turn, Pivot turn (step right pivot, step right pivot)

2) Next the students all took turns walking across the balance beam.
Then! We did pivot turns on the beam!

3) Monster feet came out next. 
All of my dancers did a great job walking on their monster feet!
Monster feet are stilt like platforms that students walk with in order to practice balance and coordination -- the base is 4 inches high & broader than their feet so it is a safe endeavor!

4) Our next activity was to rehearse our dance to "Mary Said Yes to God"

5) Last, but not least, we practiced our tap basics. Our music (The B I B L E) is an up beat little ditty that goes perfectly with our movement vocabulary!  

Toe touches, Marches, & Digs

6) Each of my dancers took home a heart bracelet that will, hopefully, remind them to Dance from the Heart!


Here is a picture tutorial so that you and your dancer can make a heart bracelet for someone special!


No comments: