Saturday, September 1, 2007

Dance from the Heart - week 8

MONDAY 11-5-07


We had a delightful class today. Everyone remembered our ballet basics song. The dancers remembered not just the song's words but all the correct portabra placement, tendues, releves and bourees!
All the dancers traveled across the balance beam twice with beautiful a la second portabras (carraige of the arms gracefully out to the side of the body)

Our dancers rehearsed their special *choreography to the song, "Mary said Yes to God."

We played 2 dance games today:
  1. Little Red Caboose
  2. Pink Dice (for tendues and jump practice)
Our tap portion of class was wonderful. The students' rhythm skills are very good. We practiced, toe taps, digs and shuffles. The students are learning to listen carefully to know when to begin their movements.



* Special Choreography word cues:

Mary said yes to GOD one day,
GOD = Portabra en lair (ballet arms up)
Mary said ye-es to God = Bouree 1X

She said YES I will be what you want me to be
YES = Step right and arms extend up to right diagonal

Mary said Lord be it done unto me
Mary = Step left and arms extend up to left diagonal
Mary said yes to GOD one dayGOD = Portabra en lair (ballet arms up)
I will be part of your plan = Bouree 1X

And in the meantime
= Step right and arms extend up to right diagonal

And in between time
= Step left and arms extend up to left diagonal

I'll do the best that I can
= curtsy

Thank you! = prayer hands (face front)

I'll do the best that I can
= curtsy


END WITH: prayer hands (face front)


No comments: